Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sand paper required for MacBook

I recently got a new MacBook.  At first I was using it alongside of my old iBook and I really hated the keyboard. The lack of contour on the keys was a huge PITA, and the spacing between the keys just seems (or seemed) really off. Basically, I had no feedback from the keyboard and I thought I was going to hate it. However, now that I have been using the MacBook full-time, I can say that I really like the keyboard. I can actually type very quickly with this keyboard, and it feel very comfortable... Well, until my wrists start screaming with pain...

Apple should give you a piece of sand paper when you get a new MacBook. The plastic edge that surrounds the bottom of the case is sharp, and it cuts into my wrists. I love the fact that Apple actually designs its products and they really get form and function correct 99% of the time. However, this is clearly an instance where design took precedence over function, and users are paying the price. I will be getting some sand paper tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Apple, please fix this horrible design.


No comments: