Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Sanded MacBook is a Happy MacBook

I finally got around to sanding the sharp front edge of my MacBook... Honestly, I don't know what took me so long! Seriously, this is like having a whole new computer. The pain I used to feel when putting my hands down to type, is totally gone. It is really a weird feeling. Also, for some bizarre unknown reason, I used to rub my thumbs against the sharp edge. Maybe I did it because I thought it might actually cause the edge to wear down... Of course, that would have taken years! Now, however, I find that I don't do this anymore, saving some skin on my thumbs.

I used 400 grit wet/dry 3M sandpaper, and sanded the entire front edge of the MacBook, including the corners, and then about 3cm up each side. I didn't want to go too far up the sides as I was afraid of getting plastic dust into the slots/holes/etc. In all, it took me about 15 minutes to get the edge to an acceptable comfort level.

Check out the sanding picture to see more clearly what I did.


If you have not sanded the front edge of your MacBook, I strongly suggest you give it some serious consideration!

No comments: